Monday, January 7, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

So I know I've been really bad, but the break was SO busy and I just did not spend much time at the computer. AT ALL!!! :)

We had a very busy and very nice Christmas. We celebrated with my bro's in laws, my in laws, and then Christmas day with my folks and down in Miami. It was a small gathering! Not our normal 25+ we usually have in Miami! Many were missed!!! (WE MISS YOU GUYS A BUNCH!!)

I sang all the services at church. Six this year! Phew tiring!!! But rewarding and fun!! I was gone Christmas eve from 10 am to almost 10pm!!! YOWSA. And only one hair fatality! One of the choir dudes accidentally lit a choir chick's hair on fire. And considering the amount of hairspray applied to all of the girls, it's amazing we ALL didn't go up in smoke! But she was OK and only singed around the edges!!

I sat for a family that comes to FL every year for New Years. They are wonderful and the kids are great and easy to care for!!! Plus they are good tippers!!! Matt went to Boston to visit his dad and family and I lounged around the house and baby sat. it was a nice break away, but I'm glad he is home! I MISSED him!!! Absence really does make the heart grow fonder!

I'm back at school today. Now comes the long stretch before spring break! matt and I are hoping to go on a cruise, we'll see what finances we have available. We are still on a break with treatments. I don't know what we are going to do next, or if it is a futile effort with a waste of gobs of money. *sigh* it's quite frustrating not knowing where to go next or what to do...I have these really close group of buddys and they are all moving on to next steps. I feel like I'm gonna be left behind. I would GREATLY rejoice in a miracle for them!!! No doubt at all! But it's kinda bittersweet, cuz it will be them without me... :(

Well off to take care of the youngin's. I'm sure they will be ailing like crazy today! One already came in to show me that he had broken his elbow over break! UGH...OUCH is more like it!

Well Happy New Year! Praying for this year to be full of blessings and joy for each of you! And as always, have a blessed day in the Lord!!

1 comment:

Patti said...

We are glad you had a great Christmas & New Year! So many blessing your way :) We missed you all very much too! We had our first snow yesterday :) fun.. I will catch you on e-mail. Have a great month! Love, Aunt Patti