Friday, June 17, 2011

What a special day!

Today marks one year that my son was created. Isn't that crazy that I know the date that my son was created?? Its funny to have a picture of a time that is normally hidden. Creation that is done in the silence of one's body. Something that only just recently advanced science has been able to witness. The creation of LIFE.

1 year ago today I was wheeled into an operating room where the weeks of hormones, shots, ultrasounds and bloodwork presented itself in the form of 10 eggs being removed from my ovaries. (its not a fun place, lemme tell ya) And then those eggs were mixed with Matt's guys (tee hee) and my little babies were formed! How AWESOME is that?? Life was created...MY CHILD'S LIFE.

Even tho its all so "medical". The intervention was not that of a marriage union, but one of needles and medicine, it still brought me this precious son I have in my arms! But to think, even with all this technology, science has yet to perfectly re-create pregnancy 100% of the time. If they could, there would be no IF, no broken hearts yearning for a child. Still in all this modern technology, God's masterful hand has to be in it. HE still has to breathe life into this creation. And I'm so very thankful that He did! Because I have my precious son!

So today I celebrate the creation of my child's life! ( and his 6 frozen embryo siblings) I'm so thankful that the beginning of this journey started today, 1 year ago. The journey to my son. Thank you so much Lord for this precious child of mine!!!

Have a blessed day in the LORD!

This is Sammy as a 5 day Blastocyte













And THAT turned into THIS. God's amazing CREATION!!!

3 comments:

The Imperfect Sojourner said...

Yeayyyyyy....happy day!!
What a blessing the process was to you both and what a blessing it is to have Sammy here and his siblings waiting :)
Thank you Lord for such a miracle.

And Sammy...if it wasn't the picture of that tiny little 5 day Blastocyte I landed on when I visited the blog..that made me go back and read the whole journey, maybe I wouldn't know your Mommy or have seen all these cute pics and hear all these sweet stories about you :-D

HUGS xxx

YvonneP said...

It is so amazing! We're not given pictures of our embryos but I'm going to try to take a picture of the screen next time. What a neat thing to show Sammy one day!

Jacqui McCoy said...

You are beyond blessed! Praise God! He is beautiful!