Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Next Thursday

Will be Punkie's funeral. One of Matt's bros, J, will be able to come down. Its undecided if C will be coming. My parents are going as well. I hate the finality of all of it. But I suppose it is the way of life. I think Matt's mom is doing OK, just overwhelmed with everything. We're trying to help however we can. We're doing airport duty, so we'll pick up folks and bring them to mum's. Its just a graveside memorial at the local cemetery where Grandmother is buried also. His obit is in the Palm beach Post if you are looking for it. His name was Leonard Turner.

I'm dragging today too. Dunno why. I feel OK, just very worn out, like I haven't slept in days! I think I'm going to go home and crash tonight. Just get a good night sleep. I'm currently inhaling a diet coke trying to wake my butt up. Not sure why I'm so sleepy. But this too shall pass.

Matt's work had been a little iffy, and prayers for his job would be appreciated. He has a new manager over him now and they seem to be working well together. Hopefully he will still be employed in 3 weeks when they re-evaluate his position. Nerve wracking, but God is in control. I have to believe it! Even if it means repeating it over and over!! :)

OK well it is time to dismiss the kids, so I must go. Just saying HI and touching base. Have a blessed day in the Lord!

1 comment:

Meridith said...

(((hugs))) Praying for you and your family as you celebrate his life...