Sunday, March 7, 2010

Update...All is finished...

Sorry it has been so super duper busy, I haven't had a chance to sit down and just write. My goodness its amazing how life can just fly by without a 2nd thought!!!

Update on our newest journey:
All tests are finished!! Hooray!!! I had my HSG last week on Monday. It was rather traumatic and I had a lot of issues, but after 3 tries and lots of repositioning, the doctor was able to finish the test. Thankfully everything looks fine for IVF. My left tube is wide open, the right is questionable, but there are no blockages or fluid build up that would cause toxicity to the embryos. So from and HSG point of view, we are good to go!!!

We have an appt on the 16th with Dr. K and will sit down and come up with protocol, plan, find out all the test results, etc. I'm still a bit questionable if we'll be able to do IVF. I'll be happy to hear her say we're a go...As for the $$ aspect of it, oh my goodness God is so good!!!! He just boggles my mind with the blessings He has given us! Our bills that are in are up to just around $4000 so far. Now per initial conversations with the insurance and the billing people at Dr. K's office, insurance only pays 50%. But I'll have you know, that so far, we have paid only $145 out of pocket!!! Yes that is it!!! I'm so utterly amazed!!! Now the big stuff is still coming, and the need for the finances are still there, but for now, we haven't had to pay for pretty much ANY of the tests and preparation stuff!!!! That is amazing!! I hope that you praise God with me!!!

So here we are, in just about a week, we'll have a game plan. And come the beginning of April, we just might be starting the roller coaster ride of our lives!!!

And to prepare for it, Matt and I are going away!! My work has been so wonderful!! Fabulous actually about all the tests and prep. Matt and I found an AMAZING deal for an all inclusive trip to the Bahamas, including food/airfare/hotel, for 4 nights and 5 days. My boss was kind enough to let me go as is Matt's boss. So we leave THIS Friday until next Tuesday. Yup we come back the day of the appt with Dr. K!! Its kind of our last little getaway, a time to be with each other as we prepare for what is to come. Whatever the result. We are so excited and grateful for the break!! With all that happened in the last year with Matt and with me, and our jobs, well we are ready for a break from life!!!

So that's it. Just pretty much holding right now until we talk with Dr. K. I'm excited, and peaceful, for what is coming. I'm just ready to be DONE. Done trying to conceive, done counting cycle days, done wondering, hoping, praying month after month for a miracle that doesn't come. I'm DONE. I'm ready for this last chance, and I'm ready for closure. I'm so ready to be DONE. So this is it folks!! First comes a vacay, then the news that will change our lives!!!

Please continue to pray for us as the fiances fall into place, the MD appts, and everything else that is to come!!! Thank you for loving and supporting us!!! Have a blessed day in the Lord!

1 comment:

Anita said...

hope you are having a great getaway!
Love mommy