Saturday, February 2, 2008

Wow, it's been nuts...

I know I know I'm being a very bad blogger and not typing much. BUT I have a very good reason.

Last Thursday I ended up with a sore throat, nasal junk and a fever. Well b/c of the anti HIV med (Yes I'm still on the stupid drug!) I had to follow up with the work comp folks to be tested and what not b/c of the fever. So I went on Friday, still had the fever, and they drew butt loads of blood from me. The w/c doc said if the symptoms worsen to follow up in the ER over the weekend. I figured, I've got a bad cold, it will be OK just worn down and not much of an immune system.

Fast forward to Monday. Woke up with my eyes all gooky and sealed shut. Gross I know. Well I knew that I had pink eye. I also noticed that the drainage was dark green. EWWW (More TMI coming, consider yourself warned! LOL) So I called w/c who said I needed to go to my doc. So to my MD I went. Well she informed me that I had a bad sinus infection, bronchitis, an ear infection and pink eye from the sinus infection. Bascially my immune system is shutting down and I'm not fighting so the bug is taking over. Call if anything worsens. NO PROB DOC! Well got some antibiotics, started them and figured I'd go to work on Tuesday...Uh no. Monday Night I got really really sick, severe pain, lethargy and just really sick. By tuesday morning I was symptomatic of a fever but had a sub normal temp. Mom came to check on me and took me to the ER where they rushed me in...

Pretty much immune compromised and very sick, couldn't even get a temp! So they did more butt loads of bloodwork, gave me fluids and bunch of IV stuff for the pain and bugs. I basically had dark green drainage from everywhere, and puss from my sinuses! NOT good!!! the bug was taking over and antibiotics weren't kicking in! mom stayed with me all day and evening. I finally spiked a fever that evening and they let me go b/c it looked like my system was kicking in finally. But I have been banned from work until Monday...

SO i've been out all week and only just started feeling human again yesterday and today. All though I'm still weak and don't have much stamina. I'm happy to say my "drainage" has died down and is no longer the color of a christmas tree! My HR guy at work feels horrible b/c basically they made me take the Combivir and it's what wiped out my immune system. I had to fill out that FMLA paperwork to protect my job and position... And I still am on cut down hours until I'm done with the meds. 6 days to go!~ THANK GOD!!! Hard to believe how bad its been but thankful it's almost over! Will still take several weeks for it to work its way out of my system!

So back to w/c doc on Monday for more bloodwork. I'm like out of veins! sheesh! and back to work monday as well! Should be interesting. Haven't missed a week of work in forever!! hopefully my clinic didn't explode without me! They've been great, sending me emails and calling to make sure I'm ok! Much better at this school! DEFINITELY!

Well off to finish traffic school (Yes I got a ticket, nother story for nother time!)

Have a blessed day in the Lord!

2 comments:

Patti said...

Seems like it would have been sooo much easier to test the child, right???? Does this childs parents know what you have been through??? Anyways, glad you doing better! xxoo Aunt Patti

Matt and Talley Mac said...

unfortunately they know but don't care. Actually they informed my nursing coverage that it was "very inconvienent" that I wasn't there! so sorry my illness bothered you! sheesh. but doing well! NO MORE SATAN'S DRUG!

Love ya! XOXO