Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day...

So I was driving here and there today, trying to avoid that today is Mother's day (MD). Everywhere I turned there were signs that today is the day to celebrate mother's. Now don't get me wrong, I adore my mother! she is one of the most fantastic people in my life, she is my best friend, my confidant, my mentor. I don't know what life would be like without her! Or Dad for that matter! they are part of the stability and rock in my life, next to my husband. so yes, for MD I shall celebrate my mom and Matt will celebrate his.

But as I drove around today reading signs, and marquees with all these cool neat little sayings about MD and celebrating your mom and BEING a mom, my heart just breaks. Each little thing i read, each saying, each one cuts in to my heart, a little bit deeper and deeper each time. There was one that said something along the lines of "If you are not a mother yet, you should be, it is God's greatest blessing in your life." Um OK. What does that say about the blessings that God HAS given my life and my husbands life? Makes me feel like I'm being left out from this wondrous blessing, and then it makes me wonder why I am being left out. What did I do or me and Matt do that we don't deserve this "God's greatest blessing"? And not just me, but those who I love and care about who are also dealing and struggling with Infertility?

I know I'm probably not making alot of sense. But that is the nature of the beast. This beast called INFERTILITY. Doesn't make a lot of sense. I do know that God has something wondrous and special for my life and for my husband's life, but until I know what it is, i struggle, and I yearn, and I desire to have children and to bring forth little ones that I can wrap in the knowledge, love, and salvation of our Lord. I know that one day either God will grant me the desire of my heart, or he will help me through the loss of that desire.

All of this is to say, love the person you know who is w/o a child and who is yearning for that child. Love them and let them know that it is OK to not be out in the public eye on MD and "celebrate" with the world, when all you want in the world is to be a mom. Hold them, pray for them, and celebrate THEM for who they are. Remember that for a mom to be a mom, they must first have a child. So celebrate the "child". Celebrate the daughter in your life that MAKES you a mom. I know that my mom celebrates me. And b/c of it I feel love and joy on this very difficult day, instead of the great heartache that is normally here. Thank you Jesus for my mommy! And God be with those who are hurting today, and every day. May their desires be brought to fruition dear Lord! And help me through this day. 

Have a blessed day in the Lord! And for those who are, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! YOU ARE LOVED!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I was thinking of you!