Thursday, April 29, 2010

And so it begins....

So today was the IVF nurse meeting, CD2 labs and u/s, and financials appt's at the RE's office.

So first off, God is good! Heck God is GREAT!

I have my calender, and they were able to extend me out passed Sis in Law's wedding, so I start BCP's next Sunday (since I have long cycles, its not a big deal anyway to be extended). I then start an injectable med called Lupron (aka loopy-pron as Matt calls it) on 05/25 which I'll take for a while...Basically the RE is trying to shut down my system and get it coordinated so that my ovaries are prepared to start talkin' to each other and creating gobs of eggs and mature them. Then I start stim on June 6th!! EEK! B/c urologist has to be on call for egg retrieval in the event that Matt has no live sperm, he can do TESE right then and there. (ouchie for Matt) All tho we are freezing some of Matt's guys ahead of time so there is fresh AND frozen to work with for the ICSI...but we don't think it will be a problem. But just in case we will have the doc on hand who can extract sperm if needed. (I know its confusing, it is to us as well)

So stim on June 6th for 7-10 days and it LOOKS like my little 3 or 4 or 5 day embie(s) will be implanted over weekend time, so at least one of my 2 bedrest days will be on a wknd. Which means less time missed. YAY BUT work is totally being excitedly cool about it so its not being an issue!!! And all the blood work days, I'll have 7am appts so blood work will be done and I'll be to work by 830-900 at the latest. YIPPEE!!!

So here is when GOD IS GOOD starts coming in to play. We sat down with the $$ girl...I expected to swipe $6000 on my credit card today, pay upfront then get reimbursed for what ends up NOT being used. Yea well not only was $$ girl a CHRISTIAN and praising Jesus with us...She is not having us up front pay b/c she wants to submit to insurance first to see how much of each thing is covered. And she said that the whole cycle is billed at $12,000 but our insurance is contracted for pretty much HALF of that so that will be the "cost" and then 50% of THAT is our cost. However ultrasounds and labs are covered at 100% so the HALF is more like a 1/3. She figures WITH ICSI and freezing charges for sperm and embryos, it will come to about $2500 out of pocket. Almost $4000 less then we planned!!!!! She said to plan on $5000 cushion but that being if there are complications and TESE is needed and extra stim and stuff, but she said, its doubtful and will probably be around 1/2 of that cushion... Oh my goodness! that's amazing!!!! AND my meds are covered at 100%!! (which is around $3-4000)

It's overwhelming how amazing this is!!! And if the fundraiser is successful, we may come out of this w/o paying much of anything out of pocket, meaning NOTHING charged, meaning Oh my goodness this is awesome! Talk about Gods perfect timing in all things! Our nurse is wonderful (her name is Michelle) and she was just wonderfully understanding and compassionate. Which is nice. I said to her, "good lord this is like signing my life away in to craziness." which she answered, "yes it is craziness, but we will love and support you through it." brought tears! She was just AMAZING!!

I'm just so excited and thrilled and full to the brim with peace for each and every step! Its just unbelievable how awesome our God is! They do recommend however that we back off telling the world wide web about each and every step. To just stick with the core group of friends and family. So we are going to stop posting on Facebook, but I'll keep posting on the blog. So please know, to keep up with whats going on, you'll have to check out the blog!!! I understand where she is coming from and I agree. Need to just focus on what is to come and the love and support from those who KNOW and understand, not try to explain or justify this to anyone. So continued prayers as always, and we'll keep you posted! It will be pretty boring for the next while.

So that's our update!! More to come b/c its time to get this PARTY STARTED!!! Have a blessed day in the Lord!

6 comments:

Laura Beth and Mike said...

OK going to follow your journey here on your blog. I'm excited for you guys! Hugs and prayers.

WeLuvOurTwins said...

I am so excited for you and will enjoy following you on your journey..it brings back so many memories for me and all my ivf's!

Patti said...

Good positive thoughts your way.... what a great blessing on the finance part! Timing is great....Love to both of you~

TMac said...

Thank you guys! We are excited!!! :-)

andrea said...

wowsa talley!!
God was all over that appt today wasnt HE!!!

awesome!!

Unknown said...

Have fun on Lupron... whew! Been there done that! :) It's kind of cool already having a heads up on how you'll act during menopause! :) I made my husband change out our ceiling fan because I was hot constantly... and 3 months later when I was done with the Lupron injections, I said, WOW it's SOOOO cold in here! My poor hubby had been freezing every night so that I could sleep without dying from heat stroke ;) hehe So excited for you and can't wait to see what the future holds!!!