Monday, June 16, 2008

5 days post op...

So Matt is doing very well. I'm sorry I haven't updated but its been a tad bit bonkers around here. Matt came home THE NEXT DAY from surgery (about 2 days sooner then expected) He is doing well on oral medication and has loved laying around doing nuttin'. We went to the ortho doc for his post op today, just to make sure he is doing well and things are healing. He took some new XRays of Matt's footsie to see how it is doing and how the pinning is. He has a plate and 6 screws in place!!! YIKES! but his foot is so straight, and the heel cord release helped to flatten his foot down. So of course, being the nurse that I am, i asked for the before and after XRays. So i figured I'd share with you! :) Not everyone is for that, so if you don't like bone XRays, then I wouldn't scroll down after this post! But for all those who are sick like me, here ya go!!!! You can still see the splint around his leg on the after pictures, just FYI.

Otherwise Matt is well, healing nicely, I'm a bit tired from the total care, but we are managing. We've had meals brought over, and a lot of family and friends supporting us. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as the finances are kinda freaking me out a bit. We are walking on faith and choosing to stay obedient with our tithes and givings, but its scary when you don't know where the next mortgage payment is coming from. But we know God is faithful, and we are holding on to that hope.

So below are the XRays, and I'm off to medicate my hubby! :) FUN! DRUGS! Have a blessed day in the Lord!!!!




Before Surgery, EWWW!






















After Surgery


2 comments:

Patti said...

Hi!
So glad everything went went well! Krista sprained her foot on Fathers Day and ended up in ER. She will be off work a few days, so she along with Matt are resting and taking drugs. We wish you well.
Love, Patti

Anita said...

Wow, the wonders of medicine!!!!
"Thank God for all his provisions!!!

Talley, what a wonder you are to me too.
You are so full of love, compassion and care , especially now with Matt.
You are a "Rocking nurse and you deserve a prize !!!! Wish I could get something special for you!
You are one of the greatest gifts God has ever blessed me with and I am so honored not only to be your mom but also to have you as one of my dearest friends.

Matt, keep on leaning and trusting in the Lord as you do.
We love you very much and hope you continue to get well quickly.

Blessings to the both of you.

Mommy