Saturday, August 16, 2008

Some cool goings on...

So you all remember the Darrell Gwynn Foundation right?? (how could you forget!!)

Real quick, for those who are new to our blog and DON'T know, this foundation donated a $35,000 power wheelchair (w/c) to Matt and at a daytona national race no less!!! If you search the blog you can find all the detailed info, videos and pics...

ANYWAY, the event coordinator person called and said they are making a "w/c donation brochure" and would like Matt to be one of the main dudes to be in it!!! SO a guy came over today to take professional photos of Matt and I outside by a tree. They also had a pic of us walking and holding hands...WHICH IS PERFECT BECAUSE, they had also asked Matt to write a little paragraph of what this w/c means to him, and our family...

So I thought I'd share, here is what he wrote:

I never knew that at age 28 my disability would force me into using a manual wheelchair full time. I had to learn how to function and regain my independence in my every day life. As time went on, my doctor informed me I would lose what independence I had if I continued to use my manual chair. Again at age 31 I was faced with losing all that I had worked so hard for and accomplished in the last 3 years. If not for the grace of God and the generosity of Darrell Gwynn and the foundation, I would be unable to work or support my family. With my brand new power chair, not only have I regained total independence and improved my
health, comfort, and pressure management, but also my work life has improved dramatically. The interaction with my customers at work has become more natural and flows with increased ease and comfort. I am able to elevate to their eye level and speak to them, not as the man in the wheelchair, but as the salesman there to give them the assistance they need. I can support and care for my family and even take a stroll beside my wife, and I can hold her hand again as we walk together. This amazing gift has truly changed my life and has blessed me and my family. Without the Darrell Gwynn Foundation, it would not have been possible! They are
truly a blessing and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!! ~Matthew MacIntosh


Aren't we blessed? I have such an awesome hubby!

Have a blessed day in the Lord.....

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Talley, you are guys a picture of God's grace and love! What an honor to be set up as an example of overcoming disability.

TMac said...

THANKS! Its amazing to me how God takes heartache and struggle and turns it into amazing joy and triumph...One day you'll get to meet this amazing dude I'm married too!!!

~Talley