Wednesday, August 6, 2008

UPDATE...

OK so went to ID (infectious disease) doc today, and he agrees. Matt's foot appears to have recurrence of the infection. SO he discontinued the IV Rocephin and started him on IV Vancomycin twice a day. GAG. And he'll have blood draws for that every week to monitor his kidneys and blood levels. They are pretty sure its MRSA.

Also he put him on oral Levaquin every day for the next 2 months. And let me tell you how much I'm praising God for insurance b/c my copay is $35 which is a lot for a month supply. But just the 6 days they gave us (its out of stock so we have enough for 6 days) the insurance saved us $186.. FOR 6 DAYS!!! Imagine 30!!! Holy moly that's a lot of money, like, what, $30 a PILL?? That's like $900 HOLY CLAP! THANK YOU JESUS FOR INSURANCE!!! YOWSA

OK So anyway moving on... Matt has a CT scan of his foot in 2 weeks to check the fusion of the toe, if all is good he'll have surgery the following week. If not we'll rescan in another 2 weeks after that and then surgery at 5 weeks from now, etc etc (make sense?)

So they are delivering the antibiotic tonight. I have to train my mom, his mom and a friend of ours that's retired to administer the meds b/c it has to be delivered over 1 1/2 hrs, and I have to leave for work at 630am. So I'm not gonna be able to do a morning dose (I'd have to be up by 430!! NOT gonna happen I'll end up sick from fatigue) So the MOM'S are gonna help us. B/c insurance isn't gonna pay for a daily RN to come out, they only pay for once or twice a week. (Probably b/c they are spending $900 on a pill! YIKES)

So that's it...lots of stuff to come. My work has me filling out FMLA paper work so that my job is protected so I can miss work intermittently as needed and it not count against me...

So that's it. all is going to be OK. OH after the plate surgery Matt is going to have some form of hyperbaric oxygen therapy on his footsie to help with healing after the next post op and in future operations... oh boy oh boy. LOL

So that's it for an update. Back to the mundane of daily antibiotics. No work either he is grounded through surgery...He's bummed and sad, a little depressed, and just over all of it. Any little cheering up you want to do would be appreciated and also continued prayers for him. My mom and the church are setting up visitors and stuff (if possible) for while I'm at work and he is stuck at home.. So that's good.

OK that's it!! Have a blessed day in the Lord!

2 comments:

Bunny said...

Hey Talley! I'm so sorry that you and Matt have yet another thing to deal with. It must be so frustrating. I will be praying for you.
Blessings,
Christina (BUNNY)

Anita said...

Talley,
What a journey you and Matt are on!!!!
Know that your Mum and Mommy will be there for you two on whatever it takes.
We will walk hand in hand in the shadow of Jesus, for there is where we will find rest and protection.
Just remember, like Pastor Tom said in todays sermon 8/10/08, "DON'T GIVE UP" !!!!
I will drag the two of you if I have to, for I know God will give you just what you need when you need it.
It's so hard, I know, and you both are exhausted....hang on we who are standing with you will push you to the finish line with God pulling all of us!!!!
Love from the Mommy