Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We are home!

Have been since Sunday. Sorry too much going on to post updates!! I've got a ton of pictures, all on face book but I'll be happy to post them here too, just haven't had the time. Vacation was nice and I'm so glad we went. We had fun in Stone Mtn and adored seeing my cuz Rita in Gainesville along with Matt's sister Liz.

So work for both is status quo. But the interesting piece of news, I'm having surgery to remove my gall bladder on Monday the 13th. I like the surgeon, he is very sweet spirited and compassionate, and was very good at explaining stuff in laymen terms even tho I understand it in medical terms. Means he's not so full of himself to spew big words at people. It will be laproscopic (My poor invaded belly button) and hopefully outpatient but at worst just an over night stay. I'll probably take most of next week off, since I'm on leave and they can't go after me anyway! HA!

He told me more detail about my scans. He said it is very unusual to have GB disease and not have GB stones. But my u/s was normal, no stones, no inflammation. But when they did the HIDA scan and injected me with the med that causes GB contraction and emptying, my GB just sat there and did NOTHING! He said it is completely diseased and not working AT ALL...He said I'm in like a 10% that has disease and no stones. Lucky me I get to be ODD again! OIY... But it has to come out ASAP...

So we are scheduled! I really am feeling quite icky, and hate having to wait another week. I'm in constant pain with other um, unpleasant issues... Please keep me in prayers, I'd appreciate it! OK well that is it!!! I'm OFF TO BED now! I promise pictures soon, maybe while I'm recovering... Have a blessed day in the Lord!

No comments: