Friday, December 12, 2008

Just a quick hello!!

Life is CRAZY! And when I say crazy, I mean C R A Z Y! I'm pretty much healed from surgery. Cleared for full duty as of next Monday, all tho I'm already doing all the "full duty" stuff. I'm finally beginning to feel human again! Its so nice. And my pain is so minimal! After several weeks of intense constant yuck pain, its nice to feel normal. My Doc is thrilled b/c during all this chaos, I've lost 12lbs. My pants are falling off!! I'm happy, its a nice head start to the remaining 60-something I want to lose!

So Wednesday, my lovely hubby and I and our dear friends J and R went to see Jeff Dunham. It was so much fun and have pictures I need to post!! I'm at work tho so pictures are not readily available. Anyway the humor was just what Matt and I needed after all the chaos this year. The only thing hard was the 2am bedtime and getting up at 6. Um not so good!! But last night I made up for it by going to bed at 8pm (with the help of a lovely sleeping pill!!).

Hmm, what else. This week at work has been nuts. Not bad per say, just really really busy. Here's an example for you of all the stuff I did, a print out of my week schedule:

Procedures; 20
Office Visits: 62
Medications: 16
Vitals Check: 3
Consultation: 10
Education/Screenings: 135

so break down, i saw tons of kids, had 2 dcf calls, 1 parent and 2 teachers almost pummel me, 2 911 calls and I taught/reprimanded 135 5th grade students about teasing/bullying (7 -20min classes)

So busy...but it was a successful week... Our extended family is still in need of prayers please, but we are holding each other up knowing that God is in control and it WILL be OK.

OK I'm off. we have a bday party tonight and I have a cmas party with some friends. oh, and I'm baking with my friend H tomorrow. Our 3rd annual Christmas Cookie Sweatshop!! Its a blast and I cant wait. So everyone, have a blessed day in the Lord!!!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Talley,
It's amazing to me how I can communicate with you like this where the whole world can view.
But that's how my love is for you,"WIDE OPEN, AND VERY FULL"!!!!!
These last 30 years have been awsome, watching how the Lord works in yours and your brother's live.
And you both have granted me wonderful son and daughter in law.....of which I prefer to address them as son and daughter "in Christ".
Anyway, I see how God has taken so many things that were meant for your harm by whatever, and HE, Jesus, has turned them around for good, just like His word says He would do.
"Thank you Lord so much!!!!"
You and Matt, keep looking to the Lord as you give him your hopes and desires.
His blessings will follow you all the days of your lives.
I simply love how I watch and hear you do what you love to do....nursing those little ones.
That is truly one of your gifting's God has given you!!!
Blessings to you my dear daughter and son in Christ.
Mommy

Meridith said...

Hey girl... you have an award waiting for you over on my blog :)