Thursday, November 19, 2009

Our God is an Awesome God!

Hello my readers oh the few but faithful!!! (I really need to get the word out to family that I'm blogging again!!!) I've just got to say our God is AWESOME!!!

Its been an interesting and fun week. My new auntie has arrived!!! She is here from Aussie safe and sound, praise God. Dad, Matt and I drove to Miami and met up with my other family to greet her at the airport! It was quite an adventure!! LOL

It is amazing to me how she just fits into our crazy family. She is like a little puzzle piece that has been missing and when joined with the rest of the puzzle, is a perfect fit. Truly remarkable how God has shaped and molded everything to fit so nicely together. Its as if she has been a member of our family for ever and not just the last few months. I can only contribute the smooth transition to our Lord. Well transition for 1/2 of us anyway!! Anne is coming tomorrow with my other auntie and stopping here on their way to NC for Thanksgiving next week. There she will meet the rest of them. The other "half" of us!!! We are all meeting up next week for a huge family reunion. I fly in on Wed after work, and then will drive home with my mom and dad on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it!!!

Here is a picture of all of us meeting Anne at the airport:













It was an amazing experience! Something I will treasure always. Grabbing into my arms a piece that was missing, that I didn't even know was missing, and then realizing with that hug, we are now whole!!! Very very cool!!! Totally a God thing!!!

We spent the weekend getting to know her. Had a BBQ at my aunt's house. Mom and I drove down to Miami to participate, it was fun. I also got to see my Mema who is in a home b/c of Alzheimer's. She is mentally pretty much gone, but she did blow me kisses and knew my daddy's name. Its bittersweet. She is so well cared for, my aunties have seen to her care and helped get her the very best, but she is no longer the essence of what my Grandma was.

It has me thinking a lot about our own future, where will Matt and I be in 40 or 50 years. Will we have any grown little ones to be a part of our lives and to care for us? Or will we be alone, put away b/c there is no one to care for us. Will I have a legacy to leave? Its very hard not knowing if my name and legacy and faith will be carried on by my child b/c I don't know if that child will exist. Its a hard place to be but I'm trying and learning, not to ask God "Will you do this for me or give me the desires of my heart?", but to trust that HE CAN. Its a walk of faith, stepping out into the unknown, trusting that he CAN do what I ask or desire, but being OK with the fact that it may not be in His will. That in the middle of my impossibility is when I need to BELIEVE in God's ABILITY!!! Easier said then done, but I am learning.

On a lighter note, our pictures are back from our photo shoot! They are BEAUTIFUL! I'm so impressed by Jamilah's talent!! They are posted all over facebook, but I'll give you a few here as well that are our faves. Tomorrow is beautiful FRIDAY, my favorite day of the week! And we are having dinner at my folks with my bro, sis-in-law and my aunties. So I'm off to bed dear world! Have a blessed day in the Lord!!!!





1 comment:

Patti said...

Great pictures as always!!! We look forward to seeing you in a few days too!!! Have a safe flight and a fun time with the family. Make me copys of any pictures you guys have taken... Thanks, see you soon. =)