Saturday, November 28, 2009

Heading to bed...

After a crazy couple of days!!

There were over 25 people at the house at my Aunt P's. I really enjoyed myself! It has been a wonderful Thanksgiving! Since 1/2 our family moved up to NC, its been much smaller, more intimate type holiday celebrations. I've missed our blow out parties that we have!!! And this is the holiday that never ends! We just picked up today and kept going...

The guys went and played some golf, while the girls went...SHOPPING!!! Of course. What is a girls day w/o some shopping. (And I must say I got some adorable boots, 2 pair for $45!! SCORE!) Then the ladies went out to an early dinner at Olive Garden and celebrated my Aunt K's birthday. Then we came back to P's house and I helped my cuz make sock puppets for her class in college. Yes her college money at work, making sock puppets! Where were those classes when I was in college!

I really have enjoyed myself, spending time in the mountains and with all my family. I've been lovin' on my baby cuz and getting some baby fixin' that I've needed so. My heart still hurts, but I've done pretty OK this holiday. One down, one to go. But so far, I've been able to enjoy and not hurt so much. Guess it shows I am growing. Or turning numb. One or the other!!!

This is such a unique time in my life. My aunties and I were talking about it yesterday. I'm growing up, I'm an adult now (I know I have been but I FEEL more adult-y now). I'm now, not the little niece, but a friend to my aunties, my mom. MY baby cuz (who is 20!! EEK) has become one of my dear friends. We talk and confide in each other, and its just neat to watch her grow into this amazing, Godly, unique and honorable young woman. Probably what my aunties felt about me as I turned into their friend over their "little niece". It's just neat to have this opportunity to be able to become closer to my family in different ways then it ever was before. Kinda hard to explain I guess. But I know that I can confide in them, ask for prayer, and now I'll get the love and support I'd get from any friend, AND they love me. Just pluses all around!!! :^)

Wow, it just hit me how tired I am. I must call my hubby and remind him how much I love him!! Absence really does make the heart grow fonder! I'm ready to be home and in his arms!! Good night dear friends. Pictures to come, I promise! Have a blessed day in the Lord!!!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Sounds like you had a blessed time!