Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Just another Manic Wednesday...

Wait, that is not how the song goes... ☺

So its been a bonkers week here at work! Just kid after kid after kid. I'm getting caught up slowly but surely, but this school year has been NUTS! Add a nutso home life and I'm just plain NUTS! HA (I'd like to think I'm cashews. Mmmmm)

Anyway, I figured I'd post an update on Matt since its been a while. I'll send out an email soon too, just haven't had the chance! Matt is doing FANTASTIC! WAHOO! We went to his ortho on Monday and the cast was REMOVED!!! They also took out the stitches and there were NO HOLES! The incision is healing quite nicely! HBOT is doing the trick! Its the best his foot has looked in 4 months since the ORIGINAL surgery! Matt is in a walking boot now (and doe doe asked the Doctor if that meant he'd be able to walk now! OIY). He's feeling good, his energy level is up up up. AND he goes back to work on the 20th! Part time basis, 15 hours or so a week, but at least its BACK AT WORK!!! We also go back to ID (infectious disease) doc next week. Per our last appt, they said if the incision looks good on Tuesday, he's out of pain, and labs are OK, they will DISCONTINUE THE ANTIBIOTIC!!!!! HALLELUJAH! He will be 4 week post op for the most recent surgery and 12 weeks POST IV antibiotic! (YOWSA that is a LONG time to be infused twice a day!) Matt is so hoping and praying, just wants it to be OVER WITH! He will continue HBOT for the full 8 weeks. He is on week 3 now.

So we are slowly seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! I think our ordeal is starting to come to an end! I can't believe it! I'm so grateful that he is doing well FINALLY and that the healing is there!! Its gonna be OK! Ever feel like your just now exhaling from having held your breath without knowing it? Yea, I'm feeling a bit of that now! I can finally breathe!

So that is it! Off to work...Oh and did I mention, I'm gonna be 30 in FIVE days!?!?!? ACK! I feel old! Bitter sweet as well. But alas that is another post for another time! ☺

♥ Have a blessed day in the Lord!!!! ♥

1 comment:

Meridith said...

PTL for healing!!! So glad to read this positive update!!

Now maybe you will have some time to rest and take care of yourself... (((Talley)))