Monday, October 13, 2008

Talk about a quick response...

So God has already dropped some steps in my lap, and I had to share!!!

So I come home from work in a sour mood. My wonderful hubby who working on rebuilding the strength in our marriage, God Love him...He made me dinner, Flank steak and home made mashed taters. Let me tell you some nummy comfort food! Anyway I come home bad mood, he let me be and I came to the computer to see an email from THE DOCTOR I wrote just this afternoon!!! ALREADY!! So cool..

Now when I tell you i wrote a novel, I WROTE A NOVEL...And he was so compassionate. Well as far as I knew, as of last year my current RE was the only one on my insurance plan, so if we did anything with this new RE it would be out of pocket. OH MY GOSH new RE informed me that HE IS ON MY HEALTH INSURANCE!!! OH MY GOODNESS!! And I checked just to be safe and HE TRULY IS!!! I'm like holy cow!!! So now I can consult with him and it won't cost anything. If it is truly IVF/ICSI we need, then fine, we will be established and I can save up. BUT I CAN do something! YAY...

So he recommended we get all our medical records together from our current RE, urologist, and my GYN, and set up an appt (which includes them needing to call my insurance and get a referral type thing) Can you believe it??

And it goes on, I get a response on my blog regarding my post. A friend of mine. She asks if by any chance I emailed Dr. R b/c even tho she isn't IF she goes for PCOS and other issues and he is FABULOUS and recommends him. ITS THE SAME DOCTOR! SO not only does he come with insurance approval, he comes with a recommendation! OH MY GOODNESS! So I'm all excited and telling Matt about it, and he is on board! HE told me to call tomorrow and make an appt!

I know that its not a miracle baby being put in my tum tum, but its a step, its something I can DO, I'm not going to just sit wondering when I can ever afford to even consult for IVF. I can just GO, talk to the man, maybe my insurance will give me some more IUI's (intrauterine insemination AKA Artificial insemination) with better coverage?? Who knows! Or he can help us with Matt's issues or mine!!! Its open possibilities! I haven't checked it in a year! I'm just blown away!! A year after closing a door, OUR GOD HAS FINALLY OPENED A WINDOW!!! I could CRY! (you know, some MORE tears, cuz I've already cried today, but these will be happy tears!)

I've been on emotional craze today, down in the pits, and now I'm all up in the sun! or should I say up in the SON... So that is my news! i will call the RE tomorrow and work on a consult! Matt and I are still on FMLA so it won't be too difficult to get some time off and keep my job protected...Its a STEP! YAY!!

OK I'm done now. Thanks if you've made it to this point! And thank you all who stand beside us during this crazy ride! Be blessed in our Lord!

2 comments:

Scotti said...

Yay for quick responses and open windows!

P.S. You've been tagged! Check out my blog for details.

John David Marr said...

Hey Talley,

I know both Dr.'s you are talking about. Dr. "Blah" was the one I saw because he was the only one on my ins. plan. I REALLY wanted to see Dr. R, he was highly recommended and I was almost willing to pay out of pocket!

I am happy to see the hope this fresh start brings. I pray Dr. R will have some new insight for you guys and that you will be able to raise the funds to proceed!!

-Kate Marr
(your emmaus friend)

p.s. I signed in under my son's blog (it's the only way I could leave comment). Don't go looking there on a sad day. You know I understand your pain and didn't want to inadvertenly increase it by surprising you with my blog's content.