Friday, June 4, 2010

I figured....

Why not two posts in a row???

B/c I'm awesome like that! HA!

I'm actually exhausted. That is what I am. It was a rough day at work, rough day at home, rough day all around. Our Van is currently in the hospital being tended too. After finding out RED coolant and GREEN coolant can't be mixed and will turn in to sludge and destroy a radiator which in turn null and voids a warranty, the day just went down hill after that. Especially after Chrysler said, "That will be $2500 please...". AH! WHAT??? Ya, crazy I know. Who knew there was multi color coolant?? And apparently there is PINK coolant too! I want pink coolant. Its purdy!

So apparently, even though red and green go together when you are talking Christmas and elves and Santa's reindeer, it does NOT go together in a car. I have thick orange GUNK in my radiator, water pump and the entire coolant system that has in turn corroded and DESTROYED the system. Thank you Jiffy Lube, who had no clue that Chrysler used only RED and they put in the standard GREEN and it congealed into an expensive, non warranty covered mess. LEY SIGH.

So after about peeing my pants and losing it on the phone (don't they know I'm on Lupron????), my poor father taking several trips to Chrysler, a $75 fee to LOOK at my gunkified car, triple A, a $30 towing fee and the WHOLE FREAKING DAY, my car is now safely in the hands of MY mechanic, Frank, and will cost more like $1000 then the $2500. Maybe less. Still a number that makes me want to hide in a corner and suck my thumb while rocking back and forth moaning, but a little bit more palatable then the whopper of a number that Chrysler gave me. And yes we do plan on getting this all in writing and going to Jiffy Lube Corporate and requesting they pay for the damages, seeing as they are the ones that caused it, all though it was unbeknownst to them as I talked to the Jiffy Lube man today and he had NO CLUE what I was talking about with mixing coolants. So Frank my new BFF has the car in his place and will be checking it out on MONDAY! ACK!! Did I mention he is out of town THIS weekend of all weekends?? Poor Matt is STRANDED! We shall be lugging him around town in his manual chair and my lovely Toyota. Thankfully we bought the 'Yota b/c of its fabulous trunk space that is PERFECT for a folding wheelchair. Now we get to try it out!

Again, SIGH is coming to mind.

So I spent the evening writing thank you cards to all of you wonderful fabulous folks that helped out and came to the BBQ! We are so blessed!!! We raised just about 1/2 of what we THINK we need, and I even have more donations coming in. (And just a quick plug: more will always be excepted! HA!! :D ) We are eternally grateful at the love and support we have gotten!! We are BLESSED! Even with a sludgy radiator and water pump.

In all things GOD IS STILL GOOD!!! mumble, grumble, mumble grumble. OK God, I will wait upon you and hold on for dear life!! OK, it is apparent that I'm tired. I have to be up by 5:30AM tomorrow to be in Margate by 7:00AM, which I take the turnpike to drive to, and my lovely husband just reminded me that the Sunpass is in the van...which is in the shop...which is closed until Monday. Sigh, what a day what a day.

Have a blessed day in the Lord!

1 comment:

Patti said...

I feel your pain , our truck sat for five months to be fixed becasue we didn't have the money. Had to wait on income tax return. Unfortunately craps happens your entire life....just breathe deep and take a sigh..it does move on for another adventure..=)